Heading home
After many years away
So many memories
And places I did stray
In all my wanderings
I never lost the sight
Of the well-worn doorway
That I will cross tonight, that I will cross tonight
Coming ever closer
To the home I love
And the simple comforts
I’ve been dreaming of, I’ve been dreaming of
Every soul encountered
Let a little light in my life
With words of wonder
They opened up my mind
Now my ears are weary
With the stories they have heard
I wanna be with the ones
Who understand without a word, they understand without a word
Coming ever closer
To the ones I love
And the silent solace
I’ve been dreaming of, I’ve been dreaming of
Home, home, home, home
I was wild and restless
The horizon was my desire
I’d never trade my freedom
For some comfort by the fire
Now I know no matter
Where I turned to as I roamed
Everywhere I wandered
Every road was leading home, every road was leading home
Coming ever closer
To the home I love
And the simple comforts
I’ve been dreaming of, I’ve been dreaming of
Coming ever closer
To the ones I love
And the silent solace
I’ve been dreaming of, I’ve been dreaming of
Home
After many years away
So many memories
And places I did stray
In all my wanderings
I never lost the sight
Of the well-worn doorway
That I will cross tonight, that I will cross tonight
Coming ever closer
To the home I love
And the simple comforts
I’ve been dreaming of, I’ve been dreaming of
Every soul encountered
Let a little light in my life
With words of wonder
They opened up my mind
Now my ears are weary
With the stories they have heard
I wanna be with the ones
Who understand without a word, they understand without a word
Coming ever closer
To the ones I love
And the silent solace
I’ve been dreaming of, I’ve been dreaming of
Home, home, home, home
I was wild and restless
The horizon was my desire
I’d never trade my freedom
For some comfort by the fire
Now I know no matter
Where I turned to as I roamed
Everywhere I wandered
Every road was leading home, every road was leading home
Coming ever closer
To the home I love
And the simple comforts
I’ve been dreaming of, I’ve been dreaming of
Coming ever closer
To the ones I love
And the silent solace
I’ve been dreaming of, I’ve been dreaming of
Home
No comments:
Post a Comment